Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Weather I Live For


Today it rained in St. George. The summer rains here are amazing. Not much actual rain usually comes but it's still gorgeous. Just as the sun was all golden before it went down in the west, dark clouds rolled in above us and quiet thunder started to rumble. Cotton was flying around in the static atmosphere, catching the gold light. Then little dropletts started to fall down. A rainbow appeared in the east. Everything seemed to turn this beautiful orangey color. I sat outside on my porch and took pictures of it. I'm always so involved with trying to keep the moment with my camera, that I miss the actual moment. I kind of did that in the end since my new camera isn't working. But I still managed to get a few good shots.
I am so lucky because my apartment has a beautiful view of the St. George Temple. The view of the temple in the rainstorm reminded me of how beautiful the world is. Right now it is night and I can see the temple from my window. It is the brightest thing out there. It reminds me of a quote by President Boyd K. Packer. "The house of the Lord, bathed in light, standing out in the darkness, becomes symbolic of the power and the inspiration of the gospel of Jesus Christ standing as a beacon in a world that sinks ever further into spiritual darkness." I always think of that when I catch a glimpse of the temple at night. Didn't mean to go all church on you. Haha. Bye.

No comments: