Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm cropping a lot of people out of these photos.

Yesterday was one of the best days of the year. Halloween. I got up at 6:30 am which is not a time I want to see anything other than the inside of my eyelids. But there was much preparation that needed to be done to get ready for work on this creepy and wonderful day. 3 hours of make-up application later, I looked like this:

This is my manager and me at work. We are a team so we dressed up in coordinating Dia de los Muertos costumes. I wanted to look like the work of Sylvia Ji, but with less skin showing. The costumes turned out great and I even won a $5.00 gift card to Judd's (a place by my workplace with yummy soup) for my costume.



The makeup turned out better than I could have hoped for. And my skeleton lady cameo necklace that I ordered from Etsy showed up on Saturday, just in time. Phew!

The dressed up Learnkey folks went on the annual parade around the area of Main Street and took lots of good photos.

Then we made our way over to the park carousel and the lady let us ride it! It was so much fun, as you can see I was quite gleeful.


Oh man. Halloween is the best. I sometimes wish everyday could be this way so that I can just go to the grocery store, or drive down the street, and pass people in the most ridiculous get-ups and it is considered acceptable. I guess that is what Wal-Mart is for though. And since I am a lover of the macabre, I just can't get enough creepy spooky talk. I love to hear stories about who saw what ghost or heard what place is haunted. And this is the day that people talk about it! I get to hear about the stories of the LearnKey basement and be frightened whenever I have to go down there to the bathroom! Yay!


Hope you had a very scary Halloween!

No comments: