Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bits and Pieces - My Living Room


The living room is where we spend most of our time. It's where we feed and play with Sawyer, watch movies and TV, and generally just hang out. I like the look and feel of our new living room more than the old one. The old one was pretty dated despite our efforts, and we couldn't do very much to change it as renters. I really feel like the new one is more us and feels a lot cozier. But the new place doesn't have random built in shelving, and this makes me really worry about the holidays. Where the heck am I going to put my halloweeny witchy stuff, and my Christmas nutcrackers and snowmen!? Conundrum. Questions like these keep me up at night.

Anyway, here is our entryway. We painted all the walls in here a sandy beige type color, except this wall. This is our chocolate brown accent wall. When we get our family photos done, they will go to the left of the chalkboard, in the same type of display is the old one.


IMGP2333


I begged Cody to let us get this buffet table to go under our new TV. It has been sitting in a box (just like the  new TV) at our old place for months. When we moved, I was so excited to get these out of their boxes. It was like Christmas!
IMGP2334


My beloved peacock chair.

IMGP2337


I put this shelf display together when I was about 37 weeks pregnant. Climbing up on a ladder as a fat pumpkin person is pretty interesting. But decorations must go up, no matter the conditions!

IMGP2340

IMGP2417

Not a great photo of it, but Cody made the coffee table. Cody also made this floating shelf for me last Christmas. He made the frame on the right for our first Christmas as a married couple for me to fill with a photo of the temple. I wanted to get a photo of the Salt Lake temple, where we were married and sealed. I didn't get around to taking a photo until last fall, and I didn't edit and print it until last winter! Finally it is done and hanging up in our family room.

IMGP2339

No comments: