Wednesday, April 27, 2011

These Days...

Here are some photos from around my house.











I felt like my dining area needed a bit more Spring-ness. These bottles are mostly from my grandmother's collection. This was a very low cost decoration. I had the bottles already, all I needed were some flowers from Michael's (on sale, of course) And the jars with candles idea I got from Pottery Barn. I just bought the jars and candles from DI and the moss and rocks from the dollar store. Totally cheap and looks great.

The yellow chairs were a DI find. They were ugly white and natural oak and we made them yellow with red showing through the distressed effect we did. Everyone who sees them says something about how when you spend time and work on refurbishing furniture, you want it to look nice and new, not weathered. But I really love how they turned out. So much better than our scary 1970's vinyl ones.

No comments: