Friday, May 3, 2013

35 Weeks - What in the??


Today I am 35 weeks pregnant. Only 5 weeks until the due date. This is really scary. I would probably feel a lot more ready if we were moved into the new house but alas, that won't be happening for a couple of weeks, and I am just wishing I had a little more time before baby joins us. I am expecting to go late because I just don't think my body is going to do anything labor-y any time soon. I haven't had any Braxton Hicks (that I know of) and everyone in my family has their babies pretty late, so that is what I am preparing for.

The house is coming along, we will have all of the walls painted today, the carpet went in a couple days ago, we have our new fridge installed, and it's looking like a house that I actually can't wait to live in! The paint and carpet made such a huge difference. And it doesn't smell like smoke in there anymore, so that is a huge accomplishment. Now we just need to get the cabinets painted and we are good to move in. (ah!)

Here is the living room in progress:

This is what it looked like when we went to visit it before the other people moved out:



And here it is after cleaning, painting, and carpeting:

Living room after


We painted the walls a color called "Dapper Tan" with accent walls in a yummy chocolate brown.

The moving part is the scary part as I am SO uncomfortable and useless right now. Everything is painful. How am I going to pack and move a house? Eek! I have been cleaning the new place though, despite it being so hard to move around.

Anyway, that is what is happening. Baby is doing good, his little bum is always up in my ribs doing all kinds of dances. I love him so much already and I am excited for him to join us so I can take a crack at this mothering thing.

Here are my stats for the week -

How far along: 35 Weeks (Seriously, every time a realize this, I panic a little)

Size of baby: 18 inches long and about 6 pounds - honeydew melon in fruit-speak.

Gender: Boy.

Maternity Clothes: Is it acceptable to just wear yoga pants and a t-shirt to the office? Please?

Stretch Marks: Still more appearing everyday, creeping further and further up my belly.

Sleep: :( Sad face. I am a zombie right now.

Cravings: Nothing new except last night I wanted Little Ceasars so bad, but they were already closed.

Looking forward to: Having my house done!

What I miss: In all seriousness, I miss the times when getting out of bed wasn't such a painful ordeal.

Symptoms: So much discomfort. I can't even imagine how it is going to be a month from now. Oh, but hey, I have been better about taking my Calcium and the Restless Leg Syndrome has gotten better!

 Worst moment this week: Having panic attacks over the pressure of getting out of our current living arrangement and into the new house.

Best moment this week: Finally being able to shop for baby!

Pregnancy dream of the week:

We had the baby, and it's actually a BOY this time, first time it's ever not been a girl in my dreams. He is bald with a little bit of blonde fuzz on his head. He is about a day old and Cody wants to go out to eat. I am following his truck in my van with Sawyer in the back in his car-seat. I turn around to look at him and I realize that it's the first time I have ever turned around and seen my baby there, so I was a little misty. (And by the way, the baby looked to be about 3 months old, even though he was just born yesterday). Then I realized that it is the middle of winter and it is freezing and my newborn doesn't have a HAT on! So I start panicking and turning the heat on full blast and cursing Cody for not putting a hat on the baby (for some reason it was all Cody's fault). We get to the restaurant and Cody chose this place that you have to walk a few blocks to get to and there are tons of people crowding the streets waiting to get into the restaurant. So now I am really mad because why does he ALWAYS choose to go to this place on a saturday night?! In the middle of winter! With a newborn hatless baby!

The End.





1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am sooo super excited to be the favorite Aunt of another cute nephew!! Wish I lived closer G so I could help with the packing and move :/ . Also I was only 1 day late with Brian, so don't count your chickens chicken!