Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy bump day

Bump Day Prego Stats!

How far along: 20 weeks

Size of baby: 10 inches, or the size of a banana. They start measuring from the head to the feet at this point instead of head to bum. The baby's legs are stretched out and it is easier to measure this way now. (At our anatomy scan, baby boy's legs were stretched all the way out and crossed at the ankles. And his hands were both up by his head. He's just chillin' like a villain in there.

Gender: Boy. Still, phew!

Maternity Clothes: Today I am wearing an outfit completely made of maternity hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law, Elisa. Very comfy! Thanks, Leese!

Stretch Marks: Not yet. I need to be better about my tummy butter regimen.

Sleep: Still wake up every morning around 4 or 5. This morning I woke up at 5:45 and on my way to the bathroom I heard a beeping sound. I thought a fire alarm was going off somewhere in the house, but it turned out to be my ipod dock in the next room. Either a cat or a ghost set it to go off every week day at 5:00 am. I can't figure out how to turn it off so I had to unplug it. I went back to bed and once I finally fell asleep I had dreams about ghosts.

Food Cravings: I can't seem to say no to sweets these days. I am not usually much of a sweets person (normally I take Mcdonald's fries over cake or ice cream any day) but lately I have been making a lot of brownies. I also just ate a cupcake from Kneader's. Yummy! I need to get my eating back in check, though!

What I miss: Last week I said going to movies, but this week we finally made it to the Hobbit. Even when we were on our way to the movie Cody didn't think it was actually going to happen. But it did! This week I can't think of anything I miss.

Looking forward to: Driving my new van. We just put the Buick up for sale and we are just waiting for the DMV to receive the paperwork from the dealership so we can register it.

Symptoms: Back hurting all the time. Whenever I get up from my office chair at work I waddle around with my hand on my back like I am way more pregnant-er than I am. But that's how much my back hurts!

Worst Moment this week: Umm, never seeing Cody. He is having a very busy week. At this moment he has been awake for 27 hours straight. I asked him if he is crazy and he said, yes. Yes he is.

Best Moment this week: Feeling the baby move! Today I am definitely feeling the "floppy fish/butterflies" sensation. I love when he starts moving in there and reminds me that I have a little boy on the way. I talk to him and ask him for more kicks but he totally doesn't respond to my requests.

I have also been playing him music since babycenter.com tells me he can hear stuff like that now. I was hoping to feel a response to the music but I never did. I played Baby Mine from Dumbo, my favorite Shins song, then I tried some bass-y dance music that I actually was hoping he wouldn't like (still no movement) and then later I was playing this ICP video for Cody (Ok wait wait, stop whatever you are thinking. Yes, ICP. Insane Clown Posse. That is right. No, I do not normally indulge in such classy music. However, there is this song called "Miracles" that they made fun of on SNL a couple of years ago and Cody and I like to watch the original and the spoof back to back sometimes because this brings us much joy. Ok? Gosh.) 

Anyway, I played the song by ICP and the baby started moving around. This does worry me but I am just going to assume that he was kicking out of protest, and when I played the other nice songs, he was staying still so he could listen better. I am hoping.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Love it! I'm so glad you're able to feel him now. That is awesome.