Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bump Stats - Week 21


How far along: 21 weeks


Size of baby: 10 inches, or the size of a carrot. (Roughly the size of a cantaloupe not counting the legs. Or a pomegranate. It really depends on who you ask.) Sometimes I feel like he ways a ton, and sometimes I don't notice. Those kicks are getting stronger every day, though!


Gender: A little baby boy! Aww!


Maternity Clothes: Still using the maternity hand-me-downs. Very nice to have some different stuff to wear. My darn sister-in-law is a medium though, so these won't work when I get big. It's ok, Leese. I still love you even if you are a petite flower.

Stretch Marks: None yet! The belly button is slowly disappearing, though. I have always looked forward to the pregnant belly button. I think it's so cute when ladies get that!

Sleep: Same thing with the waking up early and never going back to sleep. Side note, please don't text me before 7 am. I will NOT be able to go back to sleep. And I like sleep while I can get it. And also, why are you texting me before the sun is up? WHY?

Food Cravings: I have never had one before, but suddenly I wanted an Italian sub from Jimmy Johns with salami. I have had two this week. So good.

What I miss: Care-free sushi eating. I go to the Ichiban buffet and try to find a lady who speaks enough English to tell me which rolls are safe. They usually look at me pretty funny.

Looking forward to: Last week I said "driving my new van" on this one. Well I finally started driving it yesterday! Yay! I love it, it's definitely an upgrade. Now I am looking forward to going to California to visit my sister.

Symptoms: I am happy to say that I have not thrown up since I ate that spicy Mexican food at 19 weeks. No more morning sickness since about 20 weeks. I am liking pregnancy so much more now. As long as I stay away from spiciness (which is unusual, as I normally try to get red peppers and jalapenos and salsa and hot sauce involved with most of my meals) I am nausea free. I just have to take heartburn medicine most nights. Hooray for the 2nd trimester!

Worst Moment this week: I am embarrassed to say this, but I will be honest. I had a hormone induced meltdown on Sunday which ended in a humiliating display of crying on the kitchen floor because we didn't have the right kind of frozen pizza. I knew it was absolutely ridiculous at the time, but at that point I was too hysterical to stop it. Cody now knows that my pregnant body can't handle not eating for 5 hours straight. It just doesn't work. I know, poor Cody. He handled it like a champ, though. And cut me some slack. Mostly, I keep my hormones in completely in check. It's only on occasion that we notice their effects.

Best Moment this week: Having Cody feel the baby kick and giving Cody his birthday presents.

Dream of the week: I had a dream last night that I woke up (in the room I grew up in, but in the dream it was my house) and realized that I had a baby. I looked over and in a little crib was a newborn baby (a girl, as usual in my dreams). I got excited since I had apparently been sleeping since giving birth a couple days before and hadn't seen her yet. I went over to her and she was smiling and looking around. I realized that she must be hungry. Then I started panicking because I realized that she had been only bottle fed since birth. I tried to breastfeed her and this newborn baby told me "no!" she didn't want to. Then Cody came in and acted like I was totally gross for wanting to breastfeed. He said bottle-feeding is just better and easier. (In real life my husband is actually very pro-breastfeeding.) And apparently the 3 day old talking was just no biggie.

Cody will be 25 tomorrow and that sounds so weird to me! 25 just sounds so much older than 24. I can't believe I will be 25 when I have this baby. It sounds so grown up. Of course I won't be grown up, it just sounds that way.
Happy Birthday, love of my life!!!

No comments: